21st century gauges for my 20th century boat

onoahimahi

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I just replaced my old analog tachs with a pair of I-Command gauges along with a NMEA 2000 network - it was pretty easy to do and they work great. Now I can display data from the motor's computers at these gauges. I'm looking forward to trying to optimize fuel burn and economy with them.

My 20-year-old Duratrim looked pretty good after rubbing a little mineral oil on it.

This is the start of my second season with this boat and I woke the E-Tecs up yesterday after their winter hibernation - they purred instantly with not a hint of smoke. I love my E-Tecs... 8)

Attachments

• ICommand_gauges_small.jpg
    ICommand_gauges_small.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 827

JeffN

Reaction score
Looks great. I replaced my tach with Mercury Smartcraft multifunction gauges and my individual gauges with the Smartcraft system link gauges. It really does modernize the helm area in both look and function. I would guess your gauges have similar features to my Smartcraft units. Lots of info available in them, nice job. I fired my I/O up today ran great. Finally got some nice days in the NE, not a lot to do to the old girl this year may get in by memorial day.

onoahimahi

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Jeff -Thanks. I hope to get in by Memorial day as well. I'm done with this spring's improvements and am ready to start with the usual spring prep. I found the "Sync" page on the gauge and am looking forward to trying it out. Perhaps I'll run that on one gauge and temperature and fuel burn for each engine on the other gauge.

Attachments

• sync_gauge.jpg
    sync_gauge.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 776

JeffN

Reaction score
Yeah plenty of options with these types of gauges. You will be pushing lots of buttons, I'm always trying different combos. The only update I have left on this years list is some tackle storage. I ordered the box the other day, just have to cut it into the ice box in my cabin. I did add a fuel flow gauge and a water pressure gauge to the panel last weekend. I think the instrument panel is complete now. Cover is off and the boat has been washed now have to start the waxing this weekend.