22' seafarer bracket help

Tdurr22

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I wanna thank everyones past opinions and helpful information 1st on my previous post. my issue now is I bought a used flotation swim bracket,I've checked the angle and to my surprise its the same so I'm good to go but for the life of me I cant find a solid measurement to mount it and does the motor make a difference because I have a 250 long shaft and a 225 short shaft that I'm not sure which one I wanna install yet so any help will be appreciated

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
ROUGHLY speaking, you raise the motor (use the anti-ventilation plate as your measurement) 1" for every 1' that it is setback from the transom. With that in mind, you can figure out where to mount the bracket on the boat - keeping in mind you still want some flexibility to move the motor up/down a bit to fine tune your motor height.

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
25 is what comes on a Seafarer, with a factory bracket. Having your power head 5 inches lower, to get the same prop level, would be difficult at best. Also, I would expect a ton of spray caused by the mid-section being submerged so far.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Whats pros to a 25in motor compared to the shorter shaft
25" is normal - is there an underlying reason that you would want to use a 20" shaft? You may be able get away with making the performance normal using the 20" shaft since you can mount the platform on the stern lower... but your engine will end up being more likely to take waves onto it