228 with the 225 transom layout?

GWcpa

Reaction score
Any thoughts on why Grady uses a different stern seating/livewell/fishbox layout on the 228 vs the 225?

I realize the 225 does not have the under helm seat fish box, but I much prefer the flip down bench with the livewell and fishbox in the transom cap. A large cooler in front of the retracted bench would be a nice fishing alternative to the under helm seat fish box.

If anything I think the 225 layout is more fish friendly with the seat down and the transom fish box. The cockpit is really opens up and you have a flat transom to lean against instead of the seats at knee level.

Has Grady White ever commented on this possibilities at any group events?

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Heard through the grapevine that this exact change is coming in 2010...

My source is pretty good too....apparently this has been one of the most requested updates to the 228...

wahoo33417

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I have never owned one, but I really like the transom layout of the 228: a livewell on the center line and at least some ability to lean out to work a fish around the engine. Consistent with that, I like the transom of the previous generation 306 more than the new version. Guess I'm gettin' old.

I think my 258 may become the last Grady transom that I really like: fairly narrow with some rodholders built in. Okay, I'm sounding like my father now ...

Rob