232 Gulfstream questions

JJRJR

Reaction score
Hey guys, a few questions. I have a 1992 232. This model has 3 (I think) access hatches on the lower part of the inside stern area to access the batteries, etc. I need to replace some of those latches. Can anyone tell me if these can be bought, or if I need to come up with another solution?

Also, I noticed that the front auxiliary fuel tank is very slow filling up. If you try to add too much fuel, too fast, it overflows. The main tank is not an issue, only the auxiliary. We checked and nothing appears to be bent or clogged up. Any thoughts?

Last question for now: What size is the drain in the live well? I need a stand pipe (push in) and I know there is about 15 inches of top to bottom clearance, but there seems to be a few different size drain holes in use.

Thanks

John

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
In lieu of someone knowing the exact latches you are asking about, if you can post a picture, I might be able to help. You could try companies like Attwood, Perko, Southco, as well. You might get lucky and have the manufacturer's name printed on the latch (front or back).

There must be a clog somewhere. Usually it's in the vent line. The first place I would look is the vent/screen on the outside of the boat. Next, follow the vent line and be sure there are no dips/low spots in it anywhere. Since they usually follow each other, check the fill hose, too. While unlikely, there could be a clog in the fittings on the tank (less likely to be the fill hose). Remove hose and check - then blow compressed air through vent line to be sure it's clear. You can also blow air into the tank fitting. Be aware when blowing with compressed air that you may expel gasoline.

If you want to verify that it's a clog somewhere, remove something like the fuel sender and try filling.

Don't know about the drain size. If it's not in your manual, I would just measure it to be sure.

DogBone

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
I have a 1993 Gulfstream and I found some stainless ones that worked from McMaster Carr. I'll see if I can find a link to them.

JJRJR

Reaction score
DogBone said:
I have a 1993 Gulfstream and I found some stainless ones that worked from McMaster Carr. I'll see if I can find a link to them.

Sounds great, thanks very much.

John

DogBone

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Here is a photo of one.

Attachments

• CAM00971-1.jpg
    CAM00971-1.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 1,493