265 Express.. Time for a color change

Rosstafari

Reaction score
I have a 2000 265 express that I have owned for the last few seasons. Every year I try to modernize the boat and do upgrades here and there. Now that the boat hits 15 years old its time to paint the hull. Numerous offshore adventures wear down the hull sides over time. I have a few rouge gaff shots and scars from death rolling sharks while trying to clip leaders. I have decided to paint it fighting lady yellow, I was in the keys recently and saw a 33 express with the same paint and I fell in love. Along with repainting the hull i'm going to do the motors at the same time with OEM yamaha paint. The topsides will receive a good compound and wax at the same time. I just worked a deal with a local marina and the work is set to be done in late spring. They are going to paint down below the water line so that they can establish a new straight water line compared to the one that i have now that seems so be to high. I cant wait to see the final finish. How many other 265 owners out there have put their boat in the booth? Here is the before...

dale1

Reaction score
Great. I cant wait to see the finished product. I'll also like to see the in progress photos also.

thanks, dale
265 express

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
There is a member on the site with a light blue 265. The yellow should look good. Looking forward to seeing the pics.

eppem

Reaction score
Looking forward to the "after" shots - I know that boat and its past owner well - no doubt plenty of gaff and shark scraps on that hull!

Good luck and thanks for sharing.

Rosstafari

Reaction score
I will make sure to keep the pics coming during the process. It would be nice if the boat wasn't buried in snow! Its time for winter to take a hike :-| I have seen the blue hull on here and it looks great! Cant wait for yellow!

Another Distraction

Reaction score
My other "Non Grady" boat has a painted hull and it hands down blows gelcoat out of the water. No washing, no waxing, no nothing and it shines like a new dime for 20 years.

The job will only be as good as the painter, so be careful. Spraying yellow over white leaves scratch issues seeing white under the yellow. My boat is white paint over white gel which is nice.

Auto wrap companies can do a great job too. It's not as good as paint but a sick custom job can be done.

I would remove all of the through hulls and vents. Have them paint the grady stripes back on so you don't have decal on paint issues 5 years from now.

Good luck!!

Fishtales

Reaction score
!

Can't wait to see her. I like the idea of painting the stripes - good one!