265 express waste line replacement e

sharkeync

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Hello, new to the forum due to buying a 2003 265 express. I have owned many boats over the years so needless to say I have done my fair share of maintenance. I was attempting to replace the discharge hose due to it looking sad down by the seacock valve. When I got to the other end through that small hatch in bottom of storage compartment where it attaches to the vented loop I could barley touch the clamp never mind get a nut runner on it and then try to get that stiff green stripe hose off it without something letting go. I assume the loop is attached to the hull. Am I missing an inspection port like in bathroom to give you a better chance to get to it? Any help would be greatly appreciated as my hands are like chop meat after the failed mission earlier today. TIA

sharkeync

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Thanks for the response. I did have that panel open behind the head but the hoses are run a bit aft and up to the two vented loops and then back to holding tank. The loops are just forward the helm chair mounted on on the inside of hull. The closest access I found was the through the hatch in storage compartment on starboard side next to helm seat. The access is limited due to it being on the bottom even with the deck. If in fact there was one on the side of the compartment, the loops and the waste pump out fill fitting would be accessible but it does not seem to be the case.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
its been years since I looked at that but I'm thinking maybe you have to remove the tank thru the head and crawl in?
My macerator hasn't worked since I got the boat. For me it isnt worth messing with for hundreds of $ and hours of time. I just do a pump out. The head only gets spoiled two or three times a year. There are more important things.

Check the deck drain hoses. They are probably scary. They are hidden under the battery trays. Thats a job thats worth it.

sharkeync

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Thanks guys, it’s starting to sound like it’s time to move on to something else. Trying not to cut and add additional inspection ports unless absolutely necessary and that may be the only way with those two hoses. I will work the fuel system hoses, deck drain hoses first and see what I run into before getting back to that waste system.. Thanks again.

Reactions: SkunkBoat

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
Its been a while since I had a 265. If you pull up the deck panel between the helm and the seat it may give you some limited access to the waste lines. I agree with others though regarding the scupper hoses and fuel lines, deal with those first.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
Reactions: sharkeync

sharkeync

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Great link and info. I will be able to order all the parts before I start pulling things apart. I am sure at 19 years all these fittings and hoses are shot. Nothing like pulling things apart and having to wait in parts.

vocz

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
You can remove the tackle cabinet under the outside sink to see if you can get a bit more space to access?

max366

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I replaced the macerator on my '04 265 and to get access, I had to cut a large rectangular hole in the base of the large storage area beside the helm. You can probably get access to the hoses from this hole. If you search for macerator replacement you'll find the info I posted with some pics of the area through the new hole. Perhaps it will help.

sharkeync

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Thanks guys. I have talked to a few marine mechanics and cutting access panels seem to be the answer for getting to a number of the hose connections attached to inside hull or gunnels (fuel hoses). I was trying to avoid cutting and having more access panels then I already have but with limited access at best, it is starting to look like the best way to go about getting to fittings, vents, hoses.