26express fridge removal / locker storage

tilewave

Reaction score
[attachment=1]image.jpg[/attachment]

I removed my fridge because I don't use it. I got some 3/4 marine grade plywood stained it mahogany & polyurethanes all sides. I had to put some support underneath it . For the sidewalls I glue outdoor carpeting. For the face/door which u can't see I made a beige canvas with snaps & just button it over the opening. Hope my images came through, my 1st time attempting to post pics -john[attachment=1]image.jpg[/attachment][attachment=0]image.jpg[/attachment]

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    855.4 KB · Views: 1,877
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    947.9 KB · Views: 1,878

tilewave

Reaction score
obviously the images are too large, ill try again if anyone is interested ?

TUNAHUNTER197

Reaction score
I am interested. I don't use my fridge on my 265 and would love to turn it into a storage compartment for a life raft.

tilewave

Reaction score
tunahunter, thats exactly what i use it for. my valise life raft. ill try again along with the finished dimensions it gave me. if i cant , ill email it to you.

onoahimahi

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
tilewave - I resized them for you using Paint - that is a lot of space you gained. More than if you added some kind of cabinet.

Attachments

• storage_image1_25percent.jpg
    storage_image1_25percent.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 1,840
  • storage_image2_25percent.jpg
    storage_image2_25percent.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 1,840

tilewave

Reaction score
thanks onoahimahi, the inside dimensions are 19"w x 25"d x 21" h ., the opening is a little smaller, to obtain maximum use of the opening i simply put some button snaps around it and use a canvas " door" ... it looks great . im able to keep my raft + stuff down there. on offshore trips , the raft comes out & all the " luggage" people seem to think they need with them for a day trip goes in !

Sea Shift

Reaction score
Nice work, however my beer and soda need a place to live and I don't want to put a cooler on the deck.

max366

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I don't think the bench seat storage area is insulated. When I cut the bottom out to replace my macerator pump, it was just fiberglass with no insulation. I don't recall that there's insulation in the sidewalls, but I could be wrong on this. The large storage fish box in between the seats in quite well insulated.

Sea Shift

Reaction score
I think it might be insulated because it is an alternate fish box. But that requires ice etc. I am keeping my fridge. Seems like I have enough storage elsewhere. Nice work though.