272 Sailfish switch panel

Winged Pig

Reaction score
I am still going through my new to me Sailfish and trying to learn all I can. Today I found a circuit breaker that is tripped and will not reset. It is in the upper left portion of the switch panel, with no switch beneath it. It is labeled "Sump Pump". At first I thought it was the shower sump, but the shower sump works just like it is supposed to. The macerator does not work, but it also has a fuse in the separate panel in the cabin, and maybe I'm wrong, but I can't see the factory putting a fuse and a circuit breaker together in series. Also, the panel is powered as the monitor works just like it is supposed to. The previous owner put an additional switch in the box behind the helm that must be turned on before the macerator itself is powered, (I was told as an additional security measure...) but when it is switched on and the pump switch activated on the macerator panel, the fuse blows. I suspect that the 14 year old submersible macerator motor has frozen, and since I don't plan on using it anyway I had no plans on replacing it.

So is the circuit breaker for the macerator or for something else that I'm missing?

Thanks.

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Can you trace the wire from the breaker?
If not, check for continuity between the non hot wire from the breaker and the red wire from the pump, make sure you unplug the wire from the breaker first.

Winged Pig

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I was too pressed for time today to dig into it, but I will trace everything to see where it leads. I just thought I'd check and see if someone might know what that breaker is used for and save me some time.