91 Sailfish with DF175 Suzuki Completion

Sinclair

Reaction score
Guys,

I'm DONE! :D

I have got the old sailfish repowered with the new twins. DF-175's. I have to say its a new boat. At least a 50% savings in fuel :shock: compared to the Old Johnny's (200). She now sips the fuel. Quite, I cant believe the difference in the noise level. I have to con't keep looking at the tach's to make sure they're running.

Here's what I replaced. All electrical wiring, all plumbing uncluding all fresh water & livewell plumbing. Replaced Hot water tank and lines. New fuel tanks, new lines & hoses. Added two additional batteries, placed them where the old 2stroke oil tanks were. Striped and inspected the bracket, recoated after completion. New drain plugs. Replaced trim tab lines also. New Steering with lines.(I kept the old wheel, love the old thing).New gauges, new compass, new throttle controls.

Projects to be completed. Thru-hulls and add Rocket launchers(Arc-tek)and Outriggers. (Taco)Hard top mount.

I have to add, when I removed the old tanks they were shot. No problems on the top, however the bottoms were showing signs of severe problems. Take note, check your tanks on older boats.

I'll add some pics.

Thanks, Sinclair :D

[/img][/list][/list][/url]

chrisA.

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Sinclair, We did our 1995 Islander last june with a pair of 175's,they are sweet aren't they! Fantastic motors!