Adding rod holders on gunnels, 330 Express

Lucky13

Reaction score
Lucky13, assuming that you replaced standard 30* with heavy duty 0*, did the larger hole take up most of the slant from the 30* hole, and give you a good fit?
Beautiful boat, what model?
yes fit great was very easy to do. its a 330 express

Reactions: kirk a

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
......................One thing I noticed is that my 50 bent butt is too short for the heavy duty 0deg. the bend is right at the edge.(pic below- port side) I'll probably put a shorter 0deg swivel on the Stbd side.
That said, that bent 50 is my favorite tuna rod............................

You might try something like this for your short bent butt, to raise it a little.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Or, it might swivel twice as easily. You could try this non-swivel extender, keep your heavy rod holder in case you get longer butts in the future.

Reactions: SkunkBoat

Lucky13

Reaction score
You might try something like this for your short bent butt, to raise it a little.

these work well i had the smith ones before i put my swivel rod holders in

kirk a

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
yes fit great was very easy to do. its a 330 express

Thanks, this might be the best option of all, I assumed it would involve more fiberglass work than I'd want to do, but sounds like that is not an issue. Moving the existing aft holders forward and adding a pair of swivels in their place. Can probably angle the middle holders slightly as they are drilled to avoid rods tangling. Great!!!!

Lucky13

Reaction score
Thanks, this might be the best option of all, I assumed it would involve more fiberglass work than I'd want to do, but sounds like that is not an issue. Moving the existing aft holders forward and adding a pair of swivels in their place. Can probably angle the middle holders slightly as they are drilled to avoid rods tangling. Great!!!!
yes no fiberglass work needed and the ones that are now in the middle are angled out slightly so they are in a great position