Adding Wiring To the Hard Top Piping

Mainegrady

Reaction score
I am installing a second Chart plotter and stereo with sirius radio. This means I have to install and run wire for 3 antennas (GPS, Sirius, FM).

The designated hard top piping on the starboard side is already full with factory wiring and primary GPS wiring from the hard top electronics box.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to "add" another wire chase on the starboard side that looks halfway decent for this type of circumstance?

thanks in advance

richie rich

Reaction score
Mainegrady, not sure what year and model you have, but I ran into a similar problem on my sailfish....the rightside stainless tube was full......I had a choice of either pulling the wires out of the stainless tube and re-install a larger diameter tube and base, or add another tube and base on the port side, which is what I did...it looks factory and I did that instead of the other because I installed my GPS/Electronics on the left side of the dash in a bracket mount so I needed power there anyway....it also allowed for speaker wires from my radio and FM antenna from the hard top to easily come in.

Moxsea

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I just added gps and sirius weather and NMEA cable through that pipe in addition to the existing radar, power to radio second gps, speakers and roof center light. I loosened the pipe from the console and the top and had a thin snake the thickness is just abit more than a paperclip. Took my time and remained patient. It worked! see if you can do the loosening and verify that there is enough room. just looking at the pile of wires entering the pipe may appear as if its overstuffed.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
You should be fine in existing tube that has 3/4 inch openings.

Tip; install the cable with the biggest connector/smallest diameter cable, first.

Mainegrady

Reaction score
richie rich said:
Mainegrady, not sure what year and model you have, but I ran into a similar problem on my sailfish....the rightside stainless tube was full......I had a choice of either pulling the wires out of the stainless tube and re-install a larger diameter tube and base, or add another tube and base on the port side, which is what I did...it looks factory and I did that instead of the other because I installed my GPS/Electronics on the left side of the dash in a bracket mount so I needed power there anyway....it also allowed for speaker wires from my radio and FM antenna from the hard top to easily come in.

Thanks all for the replies
Richie Rich,
I have a '93 Sailfish
Do you happen to have a picture you could send me of the added tube?
Thank you

Harpoon

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
A little grease on the wire make a huge difference when pulling through a tight tube.

freddy063

Reaction score
My last project consisted of adding 6 new cables to the top of my hard top, I ran white sanitation hose from the deck to hardtop then from the top box back to the new back box. I used 1 1/4 because they were out of 1 1/2.

I don't like the plastic 2 hole straps but for now they will work