Adventure 208 Rear Seat Back Removal? (Pic)

DonW

Reaction score
Hi, Starting the process of cleaning up my '97 208. My starboard rear seat back needs reupholstering. It seems to be attached to the stern with screws which I can feel from underneath.The heads are under the cushioning. How do I remove the seat back? I am reluctant to pry it off, but seems the only way...

Thanks,
DonGrady seat.jpg

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
70% of that cushion still has some life left in it - why get rid of it, now? Let it live a full life!

Does the bottom of the cushion have grommets/drainage holes? Look for the screws to be in those holes. Otherwise... could it be thru-bolted? Put your phone (on video) up there (through the seat bottom hole) if need be to check it out.

seasick

Reaction score
Find the location of the screws as best you can and then go through the nearest grommet on the bottom edge. There will be grommets. You may have to push some foam or plastic out of the way to find the screw heads. Remove the screws, probably two) and then slide the bolster up by pushing/wacking from the bottom.
Option 2 since the bolsters are shot; cut the bottom to open it up and look for the screws. That will be a lot easier.

seasick

Reaction score
I think we have a bit too much time on our hands.... Seems the same for many on the board. I feel that if it were not for the board, I would go totally nuts.
That said, let all be aware that I may be answering posts on topics I really know nothing about! I just need to do something.

DonW

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, actually did it both ways, thru the grommet, and cut the bottom open.While redoing I am going to put a bolt through the plastic backing to thru bolt it with one bolt to keep it in place like on my previous boat. Makes it much easier to remove.

seasick

Reaction score
One thing to check is if you will be able to swing out the bolster far enough to allow the bolt to clear the fiberglass. The factory brackets don't have a lot of flex or give and the bolster fits pretty tight to the back gunnel. I know that some bolster replacements don't even use the screws, the fit is that tight

DonW

Reaction score
You are so right, I will do that. Thanks!