Aft Bilge Pump 06 Marlin

StriperMan

Reaction score
Aft Bilge Pump would not turn on with manual switch. Fwd Pump works just fine. Almost dark by the time I got back to my slip so I had no chance to investigate. Does anyone know if the bilge pumps are on on a fused circuit from the cockpit. How difficult is it to replace the pump if it has failed. Dealer is a couple of hours away and I would hate to loose a long weekend of striper fishing. I refuse to run the boat without the pumps functioning. Boat is on a lift so I can at least sleep tonight.

G8R_DVM

Reaction score
I would say it's most likely a faulty pump although I have had a few rocker switches in the helm go bad in the past. Unfortunately it's a little bit of a job since you have to remove the floor panels to get access to it. Once you're in there put a test light on the wires with the switch on manual to be sure it has a power supply. I would replace the float switch as well and heat shrink all wire connections to prevent corrosion. Any time I have to remove the floor I try to do check and service as much equipment as I can to keep from making it routine. One idea you could try to make sure it is a faulty pump before you remove the floor would be to remove the switch panel and bypass the switch if it still doesn't cut on its most likely the pump. Good call on not operating the boat without a bilge pump, check that garbord plug

reelserious

Reaction score
To answer one of your questions.....yes there should be a seperate fuse for each pump. The fuse will be under the aft seat near the batteries. I believe it will be a brown wire. Unfortunately it is probably not the problem, but obviously worth checking before trying to replace the pump. Good luck.

Gman25

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Try resetting the breaker next to the switch. Its the little rubber boot next to the switch on the dash. If that doesnt work try tapping the pump with a pole to get it going.

'05 300 Marlin w/F250's

StriperMan

Reaction score
Really appreciate everyones suggestion. Called my dealer ( TriState Marine )this morning and they sent a tech to check the problem. They had installed three aft underwater lights before they launched my boat and apparently the installer knocked a connection loose on the manual switch. I had completely forgot about them doing the install and jumped to the conclusion that I would spend another weekend at the dock. Hope the rain stops so I can get out with my son and try to troll up a striper. TriState Marine has a great service manager named Harvey, which I'm sure is well known to those of you who cruise the Middle Chesapeake Bay.