another new grady owner

JB IN OC

Reaction score
I just put a deposit on a 1998 272 sailfish from taylor marine. This will be the biggest boat I've owned, 22' whaler previously. Looks like I will be reading a lot of post on the sailfish. Seatrial is this week.

JB IN OC

Reaction score
havn't got the boat yet but it is on taylor marine website. I will have it by the weekend I hope and will be burning the cannon digital up!

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Congratulations....had a chance to meet Dirk at the Milford store. They run a first class operation.

JB IN OC

Reaction score
well the sea trial went as best as possible in a creek( a very small creek I might add) but the mechanic did a very thorough job of going through things. I decided to drive the boat home by sea 58 miles and that was for me the best ride in rolling seas, I thing the icing on the cake was using the auto pilot at lower speeds.pics will be tommorrow when I can beach it and take some shots. average of 1.3-1.5mpg @ 3500-4000 rpm and 31 mph

grady33

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Although I am thinking of moving up to a 35-36 (due to needing more space), one of the reasons I haven't done so yet is because I LOVE my 272 Sailfish. I have fished it for 10 years off Ocean City - rough & smooth seas, storms, fog etc and it hasn't never let me down. Great boat! Mine is kept in Ocean Pines so feel free to reach out if you have any questions. I know this boat from bow to stern! HAVE FUN!

B8CASTR

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 180
I have had dealings with Taylor Marine both in person in Milford and via the internet. You have dealt with a first class dealer, I have nothing but good to say about Taylor.

I wish you many happy hours on your Grady. I am on my third and wouldn't have anything else.

B8CASTR.

CKJR

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Good luck captain, My 1998 sailfish I also love, perfect size for all my needs, Any quesions, please feel free to contact me, again good luck!!

JB IN OC

Reaction score
after reading all these post I know I have a very trustworthy vessell, and I thank all of you for responding, this is a great grady site!

Capt Bill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Congrats on buying the Sailfish. Great boat, and wish you all the best with her. Where will you be keeping her? Post up some pics when you get a chance.

Fishin' Rod

Reaction score
I'm not a Sailfish owner but I am a very happy Seafarer owner. Best of luck with your new purchase, take care of her and she will take care of you for many years to come.

JB IN OC

Reaction score
right now she is in the boatel at sunset with a compounded,then cleaner wax,then insulator waxed hull. my arm hurts! and that was with a buffer and a orbital polisher.