Another Positive Grady experience!

townvet

Reaction score
So at the risk of being a Grady cheerleader I wanted to share my experience today.

Here in New England it has become cold. Boating is far from most sane folks minds. I woke up this morning needing a boating fix as I wait out the winter for my new boat to be built and arrive. I drove down to Baert Marine with my two boys to visit our (on land) 336 and see what else they had inside the showroom. We were greeted by our salesperson (Bob) as we wandered around outside. Bob then spent the greater part of the next 2 hours shooting the breeze with me and my kids. We sat inside on a new 255 (nice boat), and Bob answered any and all questions I had about the operation of my new 360. We talked about everything from generators to bottom paint. Not once did I feel rushed, imposing or unwelcome. My kids were allowed to visit all the boats (shoes off of course) and they also had a grand time. I asked him to make sure that the bottom part of my motors on the new boat get anti-fouling paint as the tips will sit in the water all the time and to make sure to set up a cockpit flushing system for a three engines simultaneously. I have no doubt it will get done without further mention.

This small visit reaffirms my feeling that buying another Grady was a great decision. Not only will we get a great boat but an overall positive buying experience.
:goodjob

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Yep; That's the way it works.
Every aspect of my Grady ownership experience has been positive. Whether it be calls to the plant/factory or communicating with my dealer, Twin Cities Marine, Two Rivers WI.
In both cases neither company is ever too busy to make sure I'm always taken care of.

There is no "perfect" boat that I know of. There will always be problems and expenses related with boating. it is how these issues are handled that matter to me. I don't expect perfection. I do expect help and assistance when I spend six figures on a boat. Twin Cities and Grady have done that. I'm happy.

journeyman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Another thumbs up for Baert Marine. Everyone there has always been friendly and helpful. Bob is a great guy and also a pretty knowledgeable fisherman so if he gives you a tip, remember it!
We own our current boat because of an off season ''boat fix'' visit. LOL! Just couldn't resist that new boat smell!! :lol:

LUNDINROOF

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Is a "cockpit flushing system" what I think it is? An attachment to the engine(s) that will allow you to flush them without hanging upside down in the well area to screw a hose to the engine?

Anyone have any information on how to do this or maybe a picture?

Thanks

Ed

Tashmoo

Reaction score
Baert is a very good organization and Bob is a true professional. It took years but they made a GW guy out of a died in the wool Pursuit owner. By the way Clyde and the service guys deserve recognition as well. When I screwed up this fall and put too much gas in my tank it overflowed on a warm day and ruined my new bottom paint job, the decals down the side of the boat and dripped bottom paint thinned by gas all over my trailer. Clyde called to inform me, I went in to see what happened gave them the ok to fix everything and when they delivered the boat to my storage location three days later you could not see that anything had happened and the boat was as clean as it was when I dropped it off to them (it was and still is spotless).

I am a wicked PITA when it comes to my boat and they keep me happy.

townvet

Reaction score
Ed,

I dont have a picture of my system on my 336 but by way of description...

They installed a stainless fitting female end, inside the cockpit near the transom door under the gunwale. It accepts the hose male end. This then (out of sight) goes to the tube on each engine that normally hooked into the hose fitiing on the engine. One hose to the fitting, turn it on and both of my engines flushed freshwater. No climbing out on the platform, no hanging upside down and best of all I could get a full 15 minute flush in a true 15 minutes (both engines at once). On the new boat I will need it to feed all three engines...the time savings is really worth it. I want to say the whole thing was around $500-$600 to set up.

If I get down to the showroom soon I will take a picture of it for you.

LUNDINROOF

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Congratulations on your new boat, by the way, and I'm sure you are going to be hard to put up with while you wait for warm weather to splash it.

Please send pictures when you have a chance. I keep my boat on a lift and it's darn near impossible to flush properly. The connection to the engine must be done with some kind of "T" because the existing hose connections that come with the engines has to be connected in order to run the engine.

Thanks in advance for the pictures and enjoy your boat.

Ed

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
townvet said:
Ed,

I dont have a picture of my system on my 336 but by way of description...

They installed a stainless fitting female end, inside the cockpit near the transom door under the gunwale. It accepts the hose male end. This then (out of sight) goes to the tube on each engine that normally hooked into the hose fitiing on the engine. One hose to the fitting, turn it on and both of my engines flushed freshwater. No climbing out on the platform, no hanging upside down and best of all I could get a full 15 minute flush in a true 15 minutes (both engines at once). On the new boat I will need it to feed all three engines...the time savings is really worth it. I want to say the whole thing was around $500-$600 to set up.

If I get down to the showroom soon I will take a picture of it for you.

I will be also interested in that set up of yours on the 336. Maybe i could copy it. :mrgreen:

townvet

Reaction score
I will ask the dealer to take some pictures of it and send them to me. My boat is in their showroom trying to be sold prior to arrival of the new one. I will post as soon as I have them.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Townvet, I can sure say you have somthing very nice coming spring time, besides spring itself which is like being reborn for us seasonal boaters!

No reason you and yours can't take a trip down to Greenville and see your very boat being built, I hear the experience will probably be even more rewarding that the dealer experience, in both cases as good as it can get!

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
NEM, do you have to unscrew and rescrew fittings for the flush too or just open a single valve or two valves, are valves three way or two way?

I made up a contraption using pieces of a garden hose into a Y so I do both both at once off dock hose. But still have to lay over stern and lean out there, twice over.

Not as nimble as I used to be, or getting lazy, either way or both, makes me interested !
I can see two 3 way valves working.

Does it use FW from boat tank or dock hose?

Thanks

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
BobP said:
NEM, do you have to unscrew and rescrew fittings for the flush too or just open a single valve or two valves, are valves three way or two way?

I made up a contraption using pieces of a garden hose into a Y so I do both both at once off dock hose. But still have to lay over stern and lean out there, twice over.

Not as nimble as I used to be, or getting lazy, either way or both, makes me interested !
I can see two 3 way valves working.

Does it use FW from boat tank or dock hose?

Thanks

Bob, i did the same thing with the "y", but i was looking for something more "professional" looking. Yes, i also have to lean over and unscrew the hoses from the engines.

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
townvet said:
I will ask the dealer to take some pictures of it and send them to me. My boat is in their showroom trying to be sold prior to arrival of the new one. I will post as soon as I have them.

Thank you very much, i'll wait for the pictures.

townvet

Reaction score
I have a few pictures of the flush system (external pics) and an explaination from the dealer.

How do I post the pics? Help!

I also have approx 8 pics from the factory of my new 360 fresh out of fabrication. They are really cool...once I learn how to post I will add them for all to see.

LUNDINROOF

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I wish I could help in the posting of the pictures. I cannot even post a smilie without getting a lot of gibberish.
Please post the pictures when you can.
Someone a lot smarter than me will enlighten you as to how.
Ed

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
townvet said:
I have a few pictures of the flush system (external pics) and an explaination from the dealer.

How do I post the pics? Help!

I also have approx 8 pics from the factory of my new 360 fresh out of fabrication. They are really cool...once I learn how to post I will add them for all to see.

Open an account with photobucket(is free), upload your pictures there, then click on the "image code"(it says copied), then come here, reply to a post, then right click and select paste. That's it.

townvet

Reaction score
OK so first here are a few photos of my 360 being built at the Factory. I believe these were taken today.

DSCI0149.jpg

DSCI0150.jpg

DSCI0151.jpg
DSCI0155.jpg

DSCI0157.jpg
DSCI0167.jpg

DSCI0168.jpg

DSCI0170.jpg

DSCI0171.jpg

DSCI0173.jpg

townvet

Reaction score
I have attached three photo’s of the outboard freshwater flushing system that was installed on my GW 336. The first photo shows where the dockside water connection is located under the starboard gunwale near the transom door. The second photo shows where the dockside water supply line is attached to the outboard where the factory flushing attachment would normally be. The third photo shows where the dockside water supply line exits the transom. This system works strictly off the dockside water pressure at the marina. Both motors were flushed at the same time.

On another GW 336 that was located out on a mooring and away from dockside water they connected the flushing system direct to his onboard freshwater tank and then installed a 6 gal pump to provide the added pressure.

MotorFlushA.jpg

MotorFlushB.jpg

MotorFlushC.jpg

townvet

Reaction score
They will be designing a system for the triples on the new boat. I will give details when I have them.