Are these Lee Jr's?

Tuna Man

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I don't think so. The onese I looked at had a large 'nut' that was shaped like a metal football about three inches long. Then again maybe these are a little older and do not have the nut I am referring to.

Tuna Man

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Definitely not Lee seniors, I have used them many times on other peoples boats. Much different setup and unequal arms on the seniors. I have the newer version of the seniors called Lee pro series, very similar to the seniors, and not what is in the advertisement.

Maybe they are Rupps?

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Tuna Man's link is what I have on the 92 Sailfish, OEM from Grady.

I knew the ebay photo didn't look familiar!

gradyfish22

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
They are not lee jr's, unless they were an early evolution of them that I am not familira with. They are also not lee sr's. They might be from murray brother's or pipewelder's, both had their own version of the lee jr and were slightly overbuilt, might also explain why there may not be any markings on them. Regardless they will act the same and work just like lee jr's as long as the pipe diameter can fit a current outrigger. They do look bulkier in size then lee jr's, but it is really hard to tell from just a picture.

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Think they'll fit? I'm not sure if there's enough room.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
It would be nice if the seller provides you the manuf. and model, to google for the installation instructions.
Then you will know if it will fit properly on your boat.

gradyfish22

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
It might be a tight fit, I think they would fit but wonder if they would protrude out into the walkspace more then a lee jr, making them harder to get around. I would get better size specs and make a template on the boat itself before buying....also sounds like either the guy does not know how to use them or one might be broken, not sure since it sounds like he does not know much about them. They do seem like they were ment for a larger boat though, if the price is right and you get better specs go for it, otherwise I'd wait for either rupp or lee's in the wishbone style.

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
There is/was a long version of the Jr's with a longer tube. I'm going to wait for something that will definitely fit.