Attacked by Grady White bashers

Graybeard

Reaction score
Of the saltwater purposed North Carolina fishing boat manufactures there are a whole lot more Grady Whites and Parkers in my area of the Chesapeake Bay than Sea Hunts, Sea Pros and Pro Lines. We have a local guy building under the name of Judge Yachts that makes a popular 27 sport cabin model. In fact I could have had one for what I paid for my Freedom 225. But I wanted a bigger duel console boat and the wife wanted a GW. And that as they say......was that

sopogrady

Reaction score
I have run my Express 330 for 10 years and am now on my second set of motors. I have taken the wife and kids from Our home port of Somers Point, NJ north to Martha's Vineyard and all throughout the Chesapeake. I routinely run 70 miles off to canyon fish. Our boat has handled all the weather it's been through with poise and aplomb, and never once has my wife or children felt uneasy. Are there compromises, sure, but she runs like a champ in anything that has been thrown at her, and looks almost new. I would pit her against any other outboard express of similar size and feel that my money was safe....

GulfSea

Reaction score
I don't think Grady really gets attacked much more than other brands. I know it seems so but that may be because we notice it more. Even Sea Hunts get beat on now and then at THT. But IMHO they can beat all they want because after 3 years, if the other models are anything like what I've experienced, I won't own anything but a Grady, ever. In fact, my 228 is probably the first and only offshore boat I'll ever own.

As far as ride and maneuverability, I've finally got it nailed and am very happy with it all. If one wants speed and a smooth ride, sharpen that deadrise and deal with a less stable platform. If one wants stability more than anything else, lessen that deadrise and deal with the pounding. If one wants a split between those attributes, then the SeaV2 ain't bad at all. I honestly think some Grady haters never really understood and/or never learned how to utilized trim tabs correctly on SeaV2 hulls and therefore report substandard performance.

stray current

Reaction score
I try not to bash much because ya never know what'll come back at ya.I'm probably less experienced than many and think I got lucky buying a Grady.I've only had this one a few months and as I learn it I like it even more...not loving it yet but really liking it.
I have a Marlin and all the positives apply.It was mostly well kept and so far no unexpected service or reliability issues.It's my 7th boat starting with a 74 sears Gamefisher and working my way here. I haven't run into too much bashing and I think it's more jealousy than anything.From what I've seen it's the boatless ramp rats and keyboard captains that cause the most problems and I suspect if you offered them a ride they might change their tune especially after swimming back.Anytime someone thinks you've risen farther above the scum and muck than they did you become targeted.....and don't we elect people for this? I'm not so sure the forum will allow me to say 'eff em' and I'll let it go there...and you were on the water when they weren't and damn! isn't pounding part of learning? Bet that concrete and paving didn't pound out there!
I got financially lucky later in life,bought nicer cars and boats and lost some friends because I didn't include them in any of it and yes you can think I got a "big one' if you like*L* Corvettes of any type will stress everyone you know, from 'plastic pig' to 'gas hog' but all cars are plastic and I get an honest 28 mpg following highway speed limits more or less and much funner to drive than a Camry or Accord like they have,good cars sure but boring,maybe that's the issue.
I also have a bimmer, nice car but I like my f150 a lot better......that's just me and that bimmer's not going away.
Last but not least look for "Hold your Head High" by argent on YouTube,it's gotten me thru more shit than I wanna think about.
Clear skies and smooth waters all!

Graybeard

Reaction score
Well I learned long ago what might be low quality junk to you is most likely somebody's dream boat. So I'm not a basher or the hater. I'm lucky to have what I have and thankful I have it. Even though everyone always seems to have a bigger boat than me