Bad marine supplier

Marty grady 272

Reaction score
Beware of Marine Nutz marine supply. Their business practices have gotten them a BBB rating of F. I purchased and paid for a part that was in stock. After waiting 3 weeks, calling and leaving 4 messages and sending 4 emails with no reply or response of any kind I finally contacted Paypal to start an action. With in 2 minutes Marine Nuts sent me a message that my money had been refunded . I checked my Paypal only to find that the money has not been refunded. I will never deal with them again.

Marty grady 272

Reaction score
I had ordered a power cable for a radar unit that the inventory showed was in stock. What I ordered does not matter, only that this suppliers business practices do matter. I have gotten a response on another forum that another person has had the same issues with Marine Nutz, including not getting his money back either.

journeyman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
It's sad but I think this is becoming more and more common. Last year, I had two similar situations with two different "on-line" suppliers. Items clearly marked "in stock" turned out not to be. Suppliers must be lowering their inventory to save money but not wanting to scare customers away. Bad business for them because I will never order from either again!

Marty grady 272

Reaction score
To me ,it wasn't a matter of poor inventory control and reporting, it was their not responding to any of my attempts to communicate with them to let me know what was happening. Once I reported them to Paypal, I ordered the part from another source. Marine Nutz wasted my time, and when my money is involved I hate to be ignored.

journeyman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Marty grady 272 said:
To me ,it wasn't a matter of poor inventory control and reporting, it was their not responding to any of my attempts to communicate with them to let me know what was happening. Once I reported them to Paypal, I ordered the part from another source. Marine Nutz wasted my time, and when my money is involved I hate to be ignored.

Oh, but I do know exactly what you mean. In the first case, I had to initiate a Paypal case when, after 2 weeks and 4 phone calls, I was told by "customer Service" (CHOKE, LOL) that In Stock meant it was in stock from someone THEY could order it from!!!!! Boatersworld.com (OOPS?! Did I say their name?) also "OFF-SHORES" their resources. Another reason not to shop there.

Adam

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I too had a bad experience with Marine Nutz. I got my seats eventually but it took 6 weeks or so of emails and phone messages and a number of pretty strong ones. No one ever answered the phone when i called.

Marty grady 272

Reaction score
After going through Paypal I was told today (2 months later) that I would be getting a refund. To date no one at Marine Nutz has ever returned any of my 6 phone messages. I guess the telephone is to complicated for them to use, or they don't care how they treat a customer. I will never use them again.