Battery Size Marlin 2007 300

brian bunk

Reaction score
Does anyone know the group size of the batteries in a 2007 300 Marlin Group 24 or 27?

Thank you,
Brian Bunk

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
If this is for the house side of things, usually "the bigger the better". But it's totally a personal preference based on how you use the boat. If you're talking about the engines, this has nothing to do with the boat. Find the minimum specs for whatever engines you have and go from there (power, not necessarily group size) - check the manual for your engines.

journeyman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Mine are Group 27. I will post the CCA when I pull them out within a few days as I am replacing them.

journeyman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Battery Info:

Group 27 Deep Cycle Marine
Foot Print is 6.5" x 12"
Height is 9" to top of post
Cranking Amps @ 32 is 810
Cold Cranking Amps @ 0 is 650
Reserve Capacity Rating is 150

Slacktime

Reaction score
Mine were group 27, but I replaced them with Group 29 to get more capacity. This required replacing the trays.

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Unless something has changed, and this was true of 2016 GWs I saw last weekend, the stock batteries are Penn Deka group 27. More importantly, they should be cranking rather than deep cycle. The plates are designed for different use cases. This has been discussed many times on various message boards.

Some folks add a deep cycle after purchase for powering stereos and such. I did this on my 272 and will likely have it done if I get a new 300. Cranking batteries are designed to supply amerage differently than deep cycle. There are dual purpose batteries but I am pretty sure Yamaha strongly recommends cranking for their engines.

BTW: guess who is the worlds largest purchaser of Yamaha engines? :D