Best way to roll up isenglass

rcarter2mhw

Reaction score
Hi, loving my new (to me) Grady Voyager 258 (2003). It has factory installed wrap around Isinglass. My question. The three curtains in back (stern). The middle one rolls up fine. The two corner curtains are only about 8 inches wide at the top and guestimate 2 feet at the bottom. Any suggestion on how to roll them up and strap them up without folding the bottom? By the time you roll the bottoms up to the top (and there is the corners to deal with) they widely overlap the curtains on either side.

Aquanut2

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Hi I have (had) a 232 Gulfstream with three curtains across the back. If you are taking them off the best way to store is to first fold in half then roll so that the sunbrella cloth is in-between the isenglass. I had cloth sleeves made of the same blue material so you could slide them in and store below.
I never rolled them up and used the straps to hold them up because of scratching if i needed more airflow stored the center drop and just snapped the bottom of the L&R back curtains to the console to get them out of the way.
Not sure if your config would work the same

seasick

Reaction score
I guess yo ate no talking about storage but opening the back up while boating.
There is no way to avoid the overlap if you roll up. Depending on the season, I would limit the opening to the middle curtain or remove the three panel back completely.

fischer

Reaction score
While my Marlin is going to have different dimensions, it's also difficult to roll up all 3 curtains across the back. There was a conflict with all of them rolled up the same way. What worked best for me was to roll up the middle curtain to the inside and the outer ones rolled up outside and just let them overlap. Maybe it will work for you...