boat trailer rollers to bunks

fullphase

Reaction score
Hey all,

I am wanting to change my boat trailer from rollers to bunks, it is a pheonix and it holds a 208 adventure. Any tips/tricks/websites on how I should go about this?

thanks

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
There's any number of online website to order stuff from, etrailer for one. (2) 8' or 10' bunks are all you will need - compare to the relative flat/straight portion of the hull. If you have a local boat dealer near you, that might be a better way to go as they can look at your rig and suggest the right parts. All-in-all, it's not really that hard. Figure out how high you need the hull to be above the crossmembers to clear the fenders and where the supports can mount to the trailer and get appropriate hardware. Measure how far apart the bunks should be based on lifting strakes. I'd highly suggest using plastic "slicks" as opposed to carpet.

Take your measurements ahead of time, pop the boat off the trailer and block it in your driveway, remove the old stuff, replace with new, slide the trailer back under the boat, go boating. :wink:

One last piece of advice... don't buy parts based on price alone. Get good stuff. Saving a few bucks now will be lost VERY quickly if something breaks while towing.