BoatUS v. Seatow Niantic/New London area

OffDuty

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The annual question.... Seatow or BoatUS in my area... Niantic/New London CT. Any info/advice/dirt :wink: you can give would be appreciated to assist with a choice.

fishingFINattic

Reaction score
I use seatow - I think they are both fine for this area-

Sea tow came and grabbed me when on my buddies 46'er last season quickly and efficiently

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Check the areas they cover, i remember last year someone from this board saying that one or the other company covered half of his area and his area i think is where you are. FWIW, i have sea tow and never had to use them for my boat(knock on wood), but is the BEST insurance you can have on the water.

billfish33

Reaction score
Since our Gulfstream is finally ready from getting the motor installed :D ,
I'll be calling NBOA for the Insurance in the morning to go ahead with our quote.
They said we wouldn't need to get Seatow ?, that their Insurance covered $1'000. for each occurance,and an additional grand for the year ??

I'm leaning toward getting Seatow, not sure how well using the Boat insurance would work ?

wanderer200

Reaction score
Before I had any tow insurance, I needed a tow and got seatow out of niantic. They where good but f****d me on the bill. I was at the r/r bridge and they were going by me so I waved them over. A 10 minute start to finish tow to the waterford public launch was 300 bucks.(and they said they "cut me a deal") So I looked into them and towboat and went with towboat US. I had to use them twice while covered. Once was at 2am. I told him to take his time as we where not in danger and our fishing trip was already over. I was in the bay and he came out of noank. He was there in 30 minutes! Ive been a member now for 6 years. Make sure you get unlimited, 1000 bucks adds up quickly. A tow back from the race will cost that.
(seatow does have a nice looking tow-girl though!)