Buying a Grady

gradyfish22

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I fish 4 when I run the canyon, I am planning to start doing a few day trips to the edge sometime around the second week in Aug, that is usually when the bite starts, but it changes every season. It will really depend on water temp and quality, I will keep you informed. By late Aug I will begin to do overnighters and troll for a few hours, chunk the night and troll in the morning unless the boxes and canyon bags are full. With 4 onboard, we troll 8 rods. If you do not have that many, I would use what you have and put out hookless daisy chain teasers to make the spread look bigger. I troll 3 spreader bars, a big bird and green machine, 2 daisy chains, a jet feather, and a skirted ballyhoo usually. I like to make my spread look as big as I can when I troll. I also will do some shark trips, not sure if you are interested in that. I will start day trips early, and when some bluefins move in I will shark at night and troll for bluefins in the mornings. Best of luck with the boat and I will keep you informed of when I plan to run, hopefully I will see you out there.

Tom