Cabin Hatch Window and Hinges for Electronic boxes

JayT

Reaction score
I have recently purchased a 1996 Grady Voyager. The cabin hatch window is plexiglass and cracked. I called Grady tech support and they told me that they do not carry that window and does not think Bomar makes that window any longer. I would like to replace just the glass portion or top window piece to avoid the $500.00 for a complete new hatch assembly. I also need to replace the hinges that hold the plexiglass doors for the electronic boxes and cannot find these anywhere. I have owned several Albemarle offshore boats and never encountered parts issues like this before. It also seems that a hatch window that has a seat cushion to cover it would be a bit more sturdy. My first Grady experience is becoming a bit frustrating. Can anyone help me out? Thanks for any suggestions!

richie rich

Reaction score
you can probably get matching glass/plexi at a glass store...they can cut one to fit the hatch with relative ease.

on the hinges, no one like Perko has them?

ahill

Reaction score
A friend of mine found the spring replacement hinges and other parts for his 282 at http://www.fpmarine.com. Not cheap like Crocker but at least he found them. In FL I think.
Further Research found them in Rockledge, hinges are abou $9.00 each

OffDuty

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I've just bought a pair of the radio box spring hinges to replace. My Grady dealer, Boats Inc, Niantic CT had them on the shelf @ about $22 per hinge.