Charleston, SC fishing

Strikezone

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The spring dolphin bite has been phenomenal but unfortunately the weather hasn't been. I think the wind has blown for the past six weeks. However, the weather gods smiled on us the last few days and I was able to get out two different days. The bite had slowed some from earlier but we managed to get four decent dolphin the first day. Here's a picture of one we caught

IMG_0114.jpg

Went again on Wednesday and water temperature had risen three or four degrees 80 to 81 in most places. The fish had really turned off. We searched for weed lines all day and never found any really good ones. Coming back in with an empty box we had a rod start singing and a half hour fight on out hands. When all was said and done this daymaker saved our day. He was too big to fit in the box but that's a good problem to have.

IMG_0131.jpg

IMG_0134.jpg

Hope to get back out there again in the next week or so.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Awesome catch !!!!

I have got to hook up with you to see how its done!! I have so much to learn as I'm just getting my feet wet in the saltwater stuff. Maybe swap trips, I'll take you and your partner catfishing on Santee and you take me out salting with my partner. :D :D Then cap it off with dinner at Ca. Dreaming.