Coffee maker on my 360

townvet

Reaction score
Has anyone used a keurig type coffee maker on board their boat. I want to get the keurig single cup maker but want to make sure the power requirements are acceptable. I plan on using it both under shore power and possibly out under generator power. Is this possible?

pablor

Reaction score
i use my standard 8 cup filter coffee maker without a problems

The Black Pearl II

Reaction score
Are you going to mount the coffee maker? I just use a peculator model, steel, does not break when it falls over. interested to see your ideas. clearly it is the winter time!

georgemjr

Reaction score
I use a french press. Takes up very little space, in a cabinet, when not in use. Heat some water, either kettle on stove, or cup in microwave and wa-la fresh cup of coffee. I am never in a rush either, since I am on the water and don't want to be anywhere else, I kinda, wierdly, enjoy the process.

townvet

Reaction score
Tashmoo,

They are storing the boat at Danversport yacht club.

I will be at the Boston boat show in order to climb on the 360 Cataumet is bringing. I can pretend it is mine.

Reaction score
I'm not sure where you live, but the Keurig system requires it to be at room temp all the time, up here in Canada, over nights generally get too cold, and the coffee maker wouldn't work until it sits at room temp for about 2 hours.

townvet

Reaction score
I am in New hampshire. The nights can get cold at the beginning and end of the season but I usually keep an air circulator running in the cabin. This seemed to generate some heat in my 336. Not sure if it will keep the cabin warm on the 360 but will help. My Keurig at work often sits at 55 degrees F over the weekend and works right away on monday morning when I come in. I guess I will have to try it and see what happens.
Do you know if there is a reason for the maker having to be at room temp? Does it just not heat the water hot enough if the machine is cold? Any suggestions for an alternative machine. I really do not want to have to stop at Dunkin Donuts for crappy coffee on the nights I stay over on my boat.

Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure why it needs to be stored at room temp... I think it has something to do with the heating mechanism of the water, and protecting it against frozen water that may be in the line. All I really know, is that I can't have coffee on my boat from a Keurig until it's after 1pm in the fall or spring, and in the winter I can't even get it close to working... in the summer, it's not a problem.

I ended up going with a normal coffee maker with a thermos type pot... I do wish I could do the one cup thing though... but as long as I can have Baileys and coffee in the morning, I guess I'll live.