Collinite Fleet Wax

LUNDINROOF

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
At your collective recommendation, I bought some Collinite #920 cleaner, Collinite #885 fleet wax and some Woodies Wax for the non-skid areas of my boat.

I have applied one coat of the cleaner and fleet wax to the exterior hull and have some questions.

Can I use the Collinite 920 and 885 on my motors? I'm not sure all the surfaces of the motors are fiberglass and didn't want to start and find out I shouldn't have.

The fleet wax is going a lot further than I thought it would. If I decide to put on a second coat, should I also use the cleaner? I cannot imagine that a second coat will make the boat look any better but would it be worth the time and effort of a second coat for longevity of the wax job?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

ahill

Reaction score
I used Woody Wax on my 225 cowlings. I thought I would have to repaint due to sun damage.
The WW brought them back to near new in 1 application. 6 months have passed and they still look great.

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
I used the Collinites last year for the first time based on what folks here suggested and I like the product and its results, especially how long it lasted. I would think if you want to apply a second coat that a cleaner in between would simply remove the first coat applied. Some folks, depending on oxidation levels, might suggests first putting a polish on first to get that super wet look, then apply a wax to protect the polished surface.

I really would like to know the trick on keep the topside glossy areas looking like new. Any suggestions anybody? :hmm

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
[quote="

I really would like to know the trick on keep the topside glossy areas looking like new. Any suggestions anybody? :hmm[/quote]

Wax the topsides more often. My season up here lasts eight months and i am waxing the topsides and inside of the boat with Collinites three times per season and non skid with Woody wax.

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Thanks..... I use Woodys too....sometimes I think I put too much on because my deck will be tacky.....

grady23

Reaction score
If your going to do a second coat, then do just that --- A second coat. NO CLEANERS Just WAX. As for the motors, i would just do the covers. The rest of it gets so much hotter that the wax will likely turn brown.