Considering buying 241 Weekender

Torres

Reaction score
I was hoping to get some feedback on a 1982 GW 241 Weekender. The boat has an Inboard/Outboard that just had a lot of work done to it. I was wondering how the ride is, is there anything to look out for on these boats. Any idea of what fuel consumption would be. Any info on this boat will be of help. Thanks in advance.

'84Offshore

Reaction score
I am very happy with my '84 241 Offshore. I recently repowered with a 5.7L Vortec engine, has a Mercruiser drive.

What drive does this weekender have? I would stay away from the OMC.
If it's either a Mercruiser or Volvo I would consider it.

I would also stay away from a 305..........would probably be underpowered.

Can't really comment on fuel consumption.

I happen to prefer the I/O's.......I rebuilt/replaced the entire engine by myself in my driveway for ~$3K.......can't get a 300HP O/B for close to that!

LX Kid

Reaction score
:hmm
I have an '82 Weekender 241. My situation on the purchase was a little frustrating. I knew nothing about boats and bought it thinking I could put another $1500 into it and have a nice fishing boat. It's two years later and I just got it into the water about 3 weeks ago and have a whopping $14000.00 in it, which includes the $1200 I had to put into the trailer repairs. I like the boat but if you are not experienced with boats, please get some professional advice before buying. My engine is the 305 I/O with a Mercury's outdrive and probably a little under powered but adequate. Boat loaded with fuel, gear and people your looking at about 6000 lbs. On an older boat everything is important to know about because "nothing" is cheap to repair in money or time. If it's not running and not in the best of shape I'd steer away from it because it probably has been neglected and will need a lot of repairs. Here is a link to my restoration so you can see what I went thru. Grady White's are fantastic boats but buy newer if possible. Good luck. http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=275835

S6002319.jpg

LX Kid

Reaction score
Wow! I just realized how old the post was that I just responded to! Wonder if he bought the 241 Weekender?