Custom Pilothouse?

Clockwork

Reaction score
has anyone ever seen a grady with a pilothouse on it? i was thinking about making a custom house for my overnighter but would like to see a pic of one before i get serious about it. searched the net and didnt find one. i love my hardtop/skip tower but the eisenglass is hard to keep clean and i would love a pilothouse with a walkaround. im surprised grady doesnt make one.

JeffN

Reaction score
I saw a picture of a Grady with a pilothouse about a year or so back. I don't know if it was somewhere here or elsewhere. Maybe someone else will remember. It looked pretty good, I would enjoy a pilot house too.

cgmiller

Reaction score
There was a 24 with a custom pilot house for sale last year in New Jersey. Maybe you can find it on boats.com or thesaltydog.com. They rarely remove the boats that were sold ..I have gotten calls on boats 2 or 3 years after they sold...

sfc2113

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
never seen one but that would be cool, if you do build one, make sure you start a picture thread on here and show us how your doing it. I would find it very interesting.

Clockwork

Reaction score
id like to do it but i am hesitant because i got a good hardtop and im afraid to ruin the resale value because it wont look like a grady anymore.

GREYLOCK

Reaction score
check out a post in this forum called (Modded offshore) this guy has some boats that look pretty cool but i bet not a cheap modification

cgmiller

Reaction score
I saw that 24 with the pilot house last weekend on the Brant Beach lump..along with 300 other boats...

iavaronej

Reaction score
the newer large gradys now have pilot houses... if you are daring enough to try and base it off of that

HMBJack

Reaction score
Man, I'd love it if Grady offered a retro-fit kit to add one of those new, sleek pilot houses to my existing 330.
Like - remove the hardtop and frame, remove the windshield then add that sleek pilot house.
Boy would that be nice! I'll bet it's possible.