ELECTRICAL PROBLEM

drseth

Reaction score
Hi Fellows,

The Seafarer I have is wired such that when the Nav and Anchor switches are turned on, everything lights up. I am sure that someone hacked it when rewiring the switch. I have the Bow light, the dash lights, and the anchor light, as well as a wire that is brown with a red stripe. The brown wire purpose is unknown, but when I tried jumping the hot lead to it, the AGC 20 Amp fused blew.

The switch has six connectors to hook to ( on-off-on switch unlighted). I would appreciate someone showing me how to properly wire the switch, as well as the purpose for the brown with red stripe wire.

Thanks,

Seth Anderson
Moon, VA

1985 GW Seafarer 227
1991 Aquasport Osprey 200

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
When you go into ANCHOR mode, only white light on top shall light up. When you are in NAV mode, everything lights up incl. white light.
If everything lights up, only, and you never anchor, then you don't have to do anything.

If you do anchor, that's al ot of power having all those extra bulbs lit.

The switch is to be a double pole switch, one pole relegated to the white light.

If the original swicth was replaced with the wrong switchh, then the same results can occur as you have.

jehines3

Reaction score
TO add to what bob said it should be Double Pole, Double Throw. DPDT if you are looking for a switch. jh