Remove and soak in water?
Aren't the zipper teeth plastic?
Good luck.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Vinegar or Salt Away should help get rid of some of the crust. Try using a saturated towel to help keep the solution in contact with the crust. At some point, though, it comes time to replace the zippers. I use plain beeswax (available at a craft store - last time I bought some it was a 1lb brick for $5) as it is not greasy so it doesn't attract dirt or grime. Some will use Chapstick, but that tends to stay more "oily".

Meanwhile

Reaction score
I had one of the metal zippers stuck, with a broken off pull. I used Corrosion Block on it for a week, kept applying it every couple of days. I used the thin product, not the HD. At last I was able to move it a bit using pliers, and then it broke free. I'm having to use the same method on many of the snaps and zippers for the sins of a prior owner.

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I've had this happen a few time with the salt and generally lots of water and WD 40 - A bit of persuading with needle nose pliers will usually start it moving. back and forth with enough pressure to wiggle it free
I use Vaseline lip balm to keep them gliding during the season - a couple of every 6 inches and the just run the closure to spread it out over the zipper - works great