Engine bracket plug

pwake7

I have a 2006 232 Gulfstream. The plastic plug to drain the engine bracket cracked.Does anybody know the part number or where I can get a new one to replace it? I believe it is 3/8 in size.Open to suggestions. Thanks

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
I would think it will be a metric size with metric threads. Contact SimYamaha or iboats and with your model number you can get the correct part.

VeroWing

GreatGrady Captain
Twin engine bracket on my Gulfstream has 2 aluminum plugs that are the same size as the boat's bilge plug. Here is a pic of one of the spares I bought in brass, with size. By the way, I bought them at home depot.

NOTE:
P.S. I am not advising anyone to use a brass plug on an aluminum bracket. Only showing this plug that I have for a spare bilge plug as an example of the size plug needed and used in my outboard bracket on my Gulfstream. There appears to be some confusion.

boat plug.jpg

Last edited:

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
I missunderstood what you needed. I thought you were referring to the plug in the hydraulic tank for the tilt/trim. Sorry for confusing the issue.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
3/8" sounds small. I always thought those plugs were a standard garboard drain plug size? That would be 1/2" pipe (NOT 1/2"... 1/2" "pipe"... "NPT"). Since your bracket is made of aluminum, though, don't use a regular garboard drain plug (which is bronze) - other than to check the size. Stick with plastic or aluminum. Otherwise, you risk causing corrosion to the bracket.

wrxhoon

1/2" NPT on my 228 G as well. Mine is plastic , as Dennis said stick to plastic or aluminum and use some sealant or plumbers tape so it doesn't leak.