Engine flush quick connect

TexasGradyWhite

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 325
My quick connects are really tight and seem damaged. Does anyone know who makes them and whether the female end (on the boat) can be purchased by itself?

FREEDOM!!!

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 235
Yeah, mine don't work either after only one year.

FREEDOM!!!

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 235
Honestly, the quick connect was a neat trick, but there is a lot more flow just connecting straight to the engine the old way. I don't even mind that the quick connect doesn't work any more.

fitzman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Lubricating the o-ring seals with a silicone grease/lubricant a couple times a year helps to make the QC connections easier. They typically come from the factory with the seals lubricated. Over time the salt water washes away the factory applied lubricant. Colder Products Company (CPC) sells some of the boat manufacturers and aftermarket suppliers Quick Connects for the motor flushes. The product series most often used for these applications is the black HFC57GHT series. Their website has description s and catalog part #s. https://www.cpcworldwide.com/

Punchline Cap

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 236
Mine is under the starboard side gunnel and is hard to access. I find it easier to just flush it right at the engine. Also the grommet on the connection to the engine was just cut out for the additional water line in a very unprofessional way. After coming apart many times I spent over an hour trimming a new grommet to fit, as Yamaha has no factory part for the additional water line.