Error Message, Yamaha F250's

LUNDINROOF

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
When starting my engines this weekend, I got a message on the Garmin 4210's that asked me if I wanted to enter "full throtle mode" or something like that. I answered "no" the first few times I got the message and watched the gages to make sure everything appeared okay.

I finally answered "yes" and got a screen that showed 5000 that I assume I could adjust higher or lower. I also assume that the 5000 was refering to RPM's.

Both engines ran great and the gages show no problems. Highest I ran them was around 4500 RPM and I put about 5 hours on the engines after I got the message. Have any of you experienced this before?

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I assume you have the Garmin NMEA 2000 hooked up to the Command Link data. The Garmin engine data software is set up so that it can be configured to a variety of engine types/conditions. Look in the engine alarm configuration pages to set up what you'd like. There are several choices that aren't of much value to me so I turned them off. The latest version of your Garmin user manual has directions on setting it up. My hard copy version of the manual didn't. I have F250s and a pair of Garmin 5212s. Good Luck!

LUNDINROOF

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Come to think of it, I never had any error messages from the engine until I downloaded and installed Garmin's latest updates to my 4210's. I got the first message within 10 minutes of upgrading the software. I didn't make a connection because I was upgrading to clear up another problem.

The Garmin customer service was pretty good so I think I'll give them a call and see what gives.