First Grady White

Irish eyes

Reaction score
Newly retired & longtime boater and sold my boat of 26 years last week it was a 23Proline walk around .Boating area is the Plymouth /Duxbury area .Actively looking for a used Grady dual console .Majority of the time I am solo fishing (not hard core ) other times anchored up or sandbar hopping with wife & maybe another couple .Not to cheap out ,in the groups opinion would a 205 or 215 freedom or tournament be the correct size ? My budget is $65 K . Thank you .

Reactions: quantase

luckydude

Reaction score
Website
mcvoy.com
Model
Seafarer
Newly retired & longtime boater and sold my boat of 26 years last week it was a 23Proline walk around .Boating area is the Plymouth /Duxbury area .Actively looking for a used Grady dual console .Majority of the time I am solo fishing (not hard core ) other times anchored up or sandbar hopping with wife & maybe another couple .Not to cheap out ,in the groups opinion would a 205 or 215 freedom or tournament be the correct size ? My budget is $65 K . Thank you .

Reactions: Pat Hurley

luckydude

Reaction score
Website
mcvoy.com
Model
Seafarer
Ouch 1100 hrs on engine
I've not owned the 200hp Yamaha. I have the 250. I know a six pack captain here on the west coast who had 7000 hours on his 250, was repowering and had someone that was going to give him $5K for the old motor.

1100 hours doesn't really scare me if it was well maintained. As I recall, that was a club owned engine, why don't you ask for the service records and see what those look like.

Reactions: Barbender

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I replied with this comment in the other post... but I'd go slightly bigger and get a 225 Tournament/Freedom, considering you just had a 23' Proline walkaround. I've got a GW 228 Seafarer and it's quite easy to launch/retrieve/fish/captain/etc by myself. I think going from a 23' walkaround like you did, down to a 20' or 21' DC Grady White would leave a bit left to be desired in terms of size and space. Especially if you take anyone out with you or have a moderate amount of gear on board. This one is a bit over your budget and it doesn't come with a trailer, but I like it in the fact that it has a hardtop and a brand new motor on it.