FISH BOX LATCH

LUNDINROOF

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The latch on my fish box came apart and I cannot find a replacement. It is circular (two parts) with a pivoting arm that holds the box cover down. The bolt that holds the arm went missing and I cannot find a bolt/nut combination to fit it or a replacement unit. Have tried West Marine and a few others. Can anyone help?

LUNDINROOF

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
No, I couldn't find it in the Perko catalog either. The two base pieces form a circle, on piece is screwed to the hatch and the other to the top of the rear bulkhead. The arm attaches to the bulkhead piece and locks the hatch down. I can email a picture of the unit if you think it will help.
Thanks for your help.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
If you could post it here, that would be even better. That way more people can see it. I'm kinda following what you're saying, but not completely. Once I see it, I may be able to help - I've worked part time in the boat business for 26 years... hopefully it'll be a "yup, I've seen that before" thing and not a "huh - never seen one of those!" things! :D

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
You could probably get a direct match from a local dealer. Last time I bought one it was about $25. If they are in stock, might be less. Good luck, Ron

LUNDINROOF

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The one at Marine Part Depot is close, mine is a little over 2 inches in diameter and both pieces have two screw holes. It might work though, I need to check it when I get back to the boat. I might call Grady and see if they have an idea where I can find one.
It would be better if I could find the exact replacement because I could use the existing holes and not have to drill more. I'll keep looking but thanks for all your help.

LUNDINROOF

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The unit from "Seadog" they call a door button is the closest thing I could find, with the appreciated help from DennisG1. I went ahead and ordered it, all the dimensions are close if not exact but the arm on the Seadog is plastic and my old one was metal. Typically, the freight ($5.97) was more than the unit itself ($4.99). Had I been smart, I would have ordered two as the freight might have been the same anyway.
I'm going to continue looking for the all metal one. I would have thought Perko would have it but all theirs' were smaller and only had three screw holes.

hmigliacci

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I realize this post is old, but I believe this is the stainless steel latch you're looking for:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-09-06 at 5.15.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-06 at 5.15.14 PM.png
    475.8 KB · Views: 10