Fresh water washdown in the cockpit

3rd Day

Reaction score
I have 1993 23' Gulfstream and would like to get a fresh water washdown in the cockpit. Is is possible to tie into the existing fresh water system located in the cabin ?. Thanks, Brooks

nevsatII

Reaction score
I have a 05 Gulfstream that has a fresh water system. It has a 10 gal. water tank under the port seat, a sink in the cabin and a hand-held shower at the transom. I use the fresh water shower to rinse off rods and reels at the end of the day, but use the raw water wash down to clean the fish blood up. 10 gal. of fresh water doesn't last too long cleaning the deck.

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Tee into the fresh water line with another 5/8" hose then run the hose to a spicket. My raw water is on the port side corner and the fresh water is on the starboard corner.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Grog, on my 252, Grady manual shows a second smaller FW pump, they didn't use the same main line.

I think it' s because the gunnel faucett had no room for a valave so used a pushbuttio swicth instead.

My FW tank has two taps for takeoffs.

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The stock configuration has 2 pumps if you have the cockpit fresh water option. One of the previous owners tapped into the cabin FW line and added the spicket. If you don't use more than 1 faucet at a time you're OK and less pumps that you have to worry about.