fuel tank install?

rcgtsport

Reaction score
hi guys, getting ready to put new tanks in and need to know where to get the strips to glue to tank? this is my first boat having fun cleaning and going over it! Its a 84 offshore 24' 5.7 omc. another ? is a black round plastic thing glued to floor of bilge area near bilge pump. there is a wire comming out of it going to helm? i know its not a float switch for pump.

cgmiller

Reaction score
RC,,let me know if you find out what that thing is..my new-to-me boat has one too and I have no clue what it is or if I even need it...

no problem

Reaction score
The round plastic puck is likely a depth finder transducer. If its not connected to any thing it's leftover from a depth finder that has been removed.

cgmiller

Reaction score
That was my initial thought and I told the guy redoing the transom to break it out of his way..which it popped right off..I did not cut the cable as I still am not sure what it is...I cant get into the back of my dash yet as I dont have the key for the stupid locking latches and I am going to have to break them to open the access panel on the cabin-side of the helm...

rcgtsport

Reaction score
i did follow wire back up to dash so think your wright. are they good and do all companys use same wire connecter?

cgmiller

Reaction score
RC,

It depends on who made the transducer. It may have been from a specific unit....where at in Mystic Islands are you? I am on South Captains Drive down the street from the western basin of the old Mystic Marina..been here since 1970...

JUMPNJACK

Reaction score
Roger that on the transducer for the depth finder. Better yet, I am happy to see another inboard outboard powered Grady girl show up. 8)

Ken

cgmiller

Reaction score
You are right around the corner.I am just on the other side of Radio Road...I almost sold a 23 Steigercraft to a guy half way down that road about 13 years ago...I'll have to stop by and check out your tank job...I may be doing the same thing once I get my Gulfstream back from the guy replacing the transom...