Fuel Tank Replacement

nightfighter

Reaction score
Mikey, this thread is 12 years old.....

But, this past year, I paid 1600 for an 82 gallon tank for 1993 209 Escape. Almost all back together. DO NOT depend on GW drawings for your tank! Take yours out and give it to the fabricator. Mine did not match the drawings and I had a 200 dollar change order to relocate fill, vent, ground and sending unit plate. Otherwise they would not have been under the inspection plates.

MikeyThumbs

Reaction score
Model
CHOOSE
Mikey, this thread is 12 years old.....

But, this past year, I paid 1600 for an 82 gallon tank for 1993 209 Escape. Almost all back together. DO NOT depend on GW drawings for your tank! Take yours out and give it to the fabricator. Mine did not match the drawings and I had a 200 dollar change order to relocate fill, vent, ground and sending unit plate. Otherwise they would not have been under the inspection plates.
Hey, I know it’s an old thread.. but still relevant to my scenario because the shop the OP used is actually in my hometown. Good news is I already got the old tank out and dropped it off (at the same shop the OP used) and should be ready in a week or 2 tops!

Next bit of fun will be pulling new fill and vent lines in. Wish me luck!