gas tanks

JEMJR

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
i have just bought a 1988 24 ft offshore it has one of the fuel tanks missing . it has the one in the front that takes up all the space in that compartment . the back compartment has a open space, and in the back of that space is the water tank . just wondering the fuel tank size of the one in the front, and do i need the one in the back . and does anyone know the size of the one in the back . thanks for the help

seasick

Reaction score
Do you have the plumbing for dual tanks? That would include the tank selector valves. If not, that hull may not have had dual tanks originally.
The tanks originally had a label on the tank that listed the capacity in addition to other data. Try cleaning around the sender area and the fill area for any labels.

The original brochure probably would list the tank capacity. Search the web for Grady White Archived Brochures.

JEMJR

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Do have the plumbing . someone had plug and black tape them off . and do have the sender valves wiring . i will look for the label . do not know it came with a label . this will help me out . TY for your help

seasick

Reaction score
The tanks by 'law' have to have a label with the certification info but it could have worn away long ago.

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
GW Customer Service can help with tank drawings. They sent me drawings for my 25 year old Islander. Brochure is a good idea too so you can see what was available.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Yea, go to the GW website and download the brochure. They have an archived section with older model years stored that can be downloaded.