Got Pumped for 4th of July

The_Chain

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Hope everyone had a good holiday, we spend the evening on the 4th on the boat with the whole family for the fireworks!. Decided to take some time over the holiday to build me an emergency throw down bilge pump incase the other two fail. I used starboard to make a mounting plate that is the same size as the deck pie plates, that way I could just slide it down. Went with a rule 2000 gph pump, 1 inch hose x12ft, and 16 gage wire x 20ft, head shrink connectors and liquid electrical tape. I also cut out the PVC connector and sandwiched it between the layers of starboard so I could easily connect the handle so that it stands upright or I can push it father back into the bilge. Simple battery clips to connect to battery. Again this is to be stored below, and only used in the case that sh** really hitting the fan, figured this would give me some time to get affairs in order and start applying the stay-a-float and plugs, or if another vessel was taking on water could be sent over to assist in them not sinking. Call me paranoid but I think this was a cheap, simple insurance policy that makes sense.

J-Sea

Reaction score
great idea and i was actually going to make something similar - may use your idea.

Solid job!

gw204

Reaction score
Nice. :goodjob

I've also seen y-valves put on the intake of washdown pumps. The second input has a hose that just lays in the bilge. In the event of an emergency, you just switch the valve and turn the washdown on.

The_Chain

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Yeah didn't think of that but also a solid idea