grady white fuel tanks....

gradyreelez

Reaction score
I have a '87 Trophy Pro and I'm in the process of replacing the fuel system as we speak. I contacted Grady customer support and they e-mailed me the specs for both tanks but I didn't use them. The old tanks were removed in about one hour total and I just gave them to the fabricator to use as a pattern. The removel was easy and it looks like the installation of the tanks will only take about two hours. We have already replaced the fill and supply lines and did some fiberglass repair in the tank "wells". The fill hoses looked like they were going to be a problem to replace but they only took about 20 minutes each. We went to Lowes and got a 4" piece of black pipe that was threaded on both ends. We hammered the pipe into the old hose as far as it would go and then twisted the new hose on to the other end of the pipe. We then used electrical tape to cover over the pipe and hose connections to make a smooth joint. We removed the screws around the fill cap and removed the clamps. Then with one guy pushing from the tank well and one guy slowly pulling from the fill cap we just pulled it thru and then removed the old hose and pipe. It was a "piece of cake". I think if you have all your materials and the tanks ready to go the entire replacement job should only take about four to five hours.