Grady white railing

kgs365

Reaction score
I have a 1997 208 Adventure...can anyone confirm if the railing is one piece or multi pieces?...the reason I ask is I may have to remove a pulpit and railing as my association marina is bent out of shape that the pulpit adds to the length of the boat instead of going off of the manufactures length of 20 feet 4 inches. If anyone else has gone through this removal process I'd like to hear the problems encountered. how did the factory put the pulpit on?..with 4200 or 5200..the boat has a windlass what other issues will i encounter removing it etc...fun times :bang

kgs365

Reaction score
pictures

Attachments

• windless.jpg
    windless.jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 1,076

noXcuse

Reaction score
I would like to know also. I'm looking to add a pulpit.

Most all marinas go by actual length. Pulpits and swim platforms are measured at all the ones around here, that I know of.

kgs365

Reaction score
thanks...long story...association board member okayed the buying of a grady white 208 there are 3 others at the marina..he never mentioned the pulpit thing...fast forward boat bought and sitting in driveway for 2 months, they cashed my check over a month ago along with form that only talks about manufacturers length ...and last week they call and say we have an issue and can't let you have the boat at the marina?...at a slip thats deeded to my property...i don't care about the pulpit...what i do care about is the damage to the boat with removing it and the cost..and if we are going to hold people to 20 feet 6 inches then whats fair is fair anyone with a swim platform should take those off ?...don't single me out :uhm

seasick

Reaction score
kgs365 said:
I have a 1997 208 Adventure...can anyone confirm if the railing is one piece or multi pieces?...the reason I ask is I may have to remove a pulpit and railing as my association marina is bent out of shape that the pulpit adds to the length of the boat instead of going off of the manufactures length of 20 feet 4 inches. If anyone else has gone through this removal process I'd like to hear the problems encountered. how did the factory put the pulpit on?..with 4200 or 5200..the boat has a windlass what other issues will i encounter removing it etc...fun times :bang
Railing is one piece from mid ship to bow center,about 14 feet or so. If you had a pulpit and want to remove it, you will need to replace both port and starboard railings or cut and weld new sections. in your current rails and pulpit if it is in good shape. I could offer you my rails from my non pulpit 208 assuming you arelocared near to NYC

kgs365

Reaction score
Seasick

i'm in boston...let me see where I get with the association I also mentioned a simular trade with another member on here so stay tuned...yes pulpit, and railings are in great shape...it also has a windlass...so it would be a great trade