Grady White Vinyl

Bama96

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get the ribbed fabric for the coaming bolsters on my Marlin? Getting ready for my winter projects and wanted to replace the coaming bolsters. Am I stuck with ordering thru a dealer?

Also anyone bought those replacement Pompanette Helm chairs? Looking for the best price. Looks like boat depot has them but they are $1050 each. :shock:
http://www.boatdepot.com/productdetails ... rt=TGW2005

seasick

Reaction score
Fabrix Warehouse used to sell the pleated material (Seaquest) but it doesn't seem to be listed anymore. You might want to call them. Chalk is the color I believe.
I found another site that has it though:
http://www.csctextiles.com/SeaQqlt.htm

I am also thinking about redoing my bolsters. I will send an email to Fabris Wraehouse to see if they still carry the pleated material.

Fishtales

Reaction score
The WISE manufacturing company made the fabric for GW in the early 2000 time period. I believe they still do today.

http://wiseseats.com/

fishie1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I had the coaming bolsters re done this year on my 02 Marlin. Because of the curves in the bolsters and the welting whihc makes the transition from the pleated to plain material, being able to sew well is almost a requirement. For that reason I went through a professional. ( I have since begun learning how to use a sewing machine).

The price my dealer quoted was no different than local canvas shops so that was the path I took and couldn't be happier. Takes years off the appearance of the boat.

seasick

Reaction score
Fabric warehouse confirmed that the Grady color is Seaquest Chalk but they didn't say whether or not they still carry the pleated. I sent them another email.

oceanairbrush

Reaction score
I order my stuff through this place. If it's available, Don can find it.

Racine Design
5236 Ricker Road Jacksonville Fl, 32210
(904)771-8170 Fax (904) 771-0843

Lainie J

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Bolsters

I had mine done last year, $500 for all. Lighthouse canvas on long island. He was able to match the color and ribs exactly. I could not tell the difference.

seasick

Reaction score
I got a confirmation from Fabric Warehouse that they do carry the Seaquest pleated material.
Sounds like a winter project for me.

seasick

Reaction score
As posted above but you have to call for the pleated to order. It doesn't seem to come up on the web page. You will need the regular non pleated also for the corners and ends.

ktcarter

Reaction score
Got samples of both. Seaquest Chalk isn't even close. Seaquest Sea White is closest I've found but it not exact. I'll keep looking and post what i find.

mashenden

Reaction score
Kinda an old topic so hopefully resurrecting it is OK. The debate over Sea White vs Chalk seems split. I am thinking that the reasons it is split is because comparisons probably depend on the age of the vinyl that is being compared. My theory is that as it ages it gets a bit more of a beige tint.

So here is my question: if one was to want the whiter of the two, which has less beige; Sea White or Chalk?

Enough Already

Reaction score
The Wise Company in Greeleyville, SC (843) 426-2125 is the OEM supplier. If you get GW to call them, they will send you an embossed panel so you can keep the factory look on your replacements. They will have the exact color you need. Ribbed, flat panel, etc.

mashenden

Reaction score
Enough Already said:
The Wise Company in Greeleyville, SC (843) 426-2125 is the OEM supplier. If you get GW to call them, they will send you an embossed panel so you can keep the factory look on your replacements. They will have the exact color you need. Ribbed, flat panel, etc.
Very interesting. Mine does not have embossed GW on the seats, but I know what you are talking about. I wonder if that was not available on the '93 Seafarer, or if it was an upgrade that the original owner decided against. Regardless, I will check into it as that may be a nice upgrade. Thank you for the tip.

Where are they located on yours? Two captain seat backs, only?