Gulfstream 23 vs Freedom/tournament 22

Graybeard

Reaction score
Thanks,
I have plenty of trim tab experience because my old Parker's ride was greatly impacted by the trim. I kept the prop shaft parallel to the water and used the trim tabs to trim the bow up or down depending on the snot level of the chop hitting me on the nose or following sea conditions running up my stern. 4 days and counting until delivery!!!

VineyardGrady

Reaction score
I just bought a 2004 GW 232 Gulfstream. For some reason, the survey did not discover that the motor bracket is leaking water. From what I have been reading, this is a common problem. A GW authorized repair facility wants to re caulk the joint where it meets the transom. Will this be a complete fix or a bandaid? Has anyone tried putting a pump in there to keep it dry to avoid replacing the whole bracket?

wlewis

Reaction score
I just sold my 96 Gulfstream. Survey showed bracket was full of water, but plastic plug appeared to be loose.

Graybeard

Reaction score
I splashed my new F225 yesterday in the Chesapeake Bay under some Small Craft Warnings with a 1-2 foot chop. I was worried about the windshield height after following this thread. But I'm 5-10 and didn't have any problems with the wind and my ball cap was never in danger of blowing off. Sitting on the bunk trailer in the driveway everyone has a hard time believing my new F225 is actually bigger and heavier then my old 21' Parker that was on a roller trailer.