GW 208 Bimini Support

kgs365

Reaction score
does any one here use a support tube on their bimini top on a GW 208 Adventure?...if so could you post up a picture and what length or adjustable thanks

Kevin

Average Joe

Reaction score
I would love to have an option for additional rigid supports that would make it stronger. The Bimini top setup from the factory is so flimsy it's scary. In fact, a few years ago I was cruising down the James River when suddenly and without warning the thumb-screw (one of the two that support the entire top) on the STBD side sheared off and the top fell.

kgs365

Reaction score
thats the reason i asked..a dockmate has a GW 205 bowrider...and they come with the supports plus it looks like it would be easier to fold the top back instead of leaning it foward

thanks

Average Joe said:
I would love to have an option for additional rigid supports that would make it stronger. The Bimini top setup from the factory is so flimsy it's scary. In fact, a few years ago I was cruising down the James River when suddenly and without warning the thumb-screw (one of the two that support the entire top) on the STBD side sheared off and the top fell.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I have supports on my 225 top....I'll measure them this weekend.