Have any 330 owners installed a Westerbeke 5.0MCG ?

jip40

I have a 2002 330 with a non-working Kohler 5E generator. I am looking at a Westerbeke 5.0MCG which is 3" wider that the Kohler.

My boat is 6 hours away so it will be a while before I can visually check to see if the 3" would make a difference in the installation. As all owners know access is pretty limited.

Appreciate any help.

Jeff

usmm1234

I have a 2002 330 with a non-working Kohler 5E generator. I am looking at a Westerbeke 5.0MCG which is 3" wider that the Kohler.

My boat is 6 hours away so it will be a while before I can visually check to see if the 3" would make a difference in the installation. As all owners know access is pretty limited.

Appreciate any help.

Jeff
I think the Westerbeke 3.5 will run everything in you 330. Probably need to turnoff the water heater when AC is running?

thepenman

I had a Kohler 5 in a sea ray. Replaced with a rebuilt one. Parts are limited. Even some are not made any longer. I have a panda in a 08’. Love it. Diesel. Quite. The electric started works.

usmm1234

I just bought a 2002 330. I was lucky.The boat had new Suzuki’s and a new Kohler in it. Running the boat back from FL last week. we stopped in Amelia Island. A young man that worked for a generator sales and service company stopped by the boat on his way to the end of the dock. He asked if I had the Panda. I told him we had the new throttle body fuel injected Koehler. I asked which he preferred. He told me he liked both. I asked him about the Westerbeke because that was going to be my choice if I bought a different boat. He liked the 5.0 but said the small Westerbeke had a lot of problems.