Heading home with my Gulfstream

epuente

Congrats! I just upgraded from 208 Adventure to a Gulfstream 232. Mine is a 2008 with twin 150’s. I am towing with 2017 Tahoe, so far it’s doing the job. I should have it in the water by the weekend. Enjoy yours!!

Attachments

• 60FDB8BD-F5CA-464B-B9A7-54B1A8F3F1FB.jpeg
    60FDB8BD-F5CA-464B-B9A7-54B1A8F3F1FB.jpeg
    433.4 KB · Views: 14

Bumpye

Beautiful!! Looks like mine (except for the radar which I don't have). When I first read your post I thought you towed it from FL to Canada with a 150. That's a lot of boat for a 150 IMHO. Enjoy her, there's a reason this is Grady's #1 boat (or used to be). Very stable, handles the chop well. Just push the bow down a bit. Attached photo shows her butt (bottom) being painted.

Attachments

• LiberatorBottomPaint.JPG
    LiberatorBottomPaint.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 16

Bird Blaster

Beautiful!! Looks like mine (except for the radar which I don't have). When I first read your post I thought you towed it from FL to Canada with a 150. That's a lot of boat for a 150 IMHO. Enjoy her, there's a reason this is Grady's #1 boat (or used to be). Very stable, handles the chop well. Just push the bow down a bit. Attached photo shows her butt (bottom) being painted.
Yes I agree Florida to Ontario would have been a very long haul with an F150,. The 500miles I drove is probably the most I will ever drive with this boat. Mostly it will be in/out at beginning/end of season in town.

HTHM

How difficult was the arrangement of shipping and import? As well, what did it cost for the Florida - Border transit?

Bird Blaster

Finally got my Gulfstream in the water this weekend. First Grady I have owned (won't be the last) first Grady I have stepped foot in.
Wow!!!! That is all I can say. What a boat. Handles a lot really well!! Can't wait to spend more time on it. It definitely handles more like a 25-26' boat. Love it!
Even managed a coho on the first outing.
DFAE55DE-00F7-4364-87A1-ECE7CCD95E2F.jpeg

Last edited:

Keitha

Congrats on the outing and the inaugural fish! That is a great picture. Have fun getting to know your Gulfstream.

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Is that as high as you can tilt up the motors?
Seasick: he has 200's I think. If so, that's all the way up.

My 232 with 200's were the same: the nosecones were submerged. Didn't bother me any, although the boat was never slipped for any length of time.

Rlloyd

Seasick: he has 200's I think. If so, that's all the way up.

My 232 with 200's were the same: the nosecones were submerged. Didn't bother me any, although the boat was never slipped for any length of time.
Yep. Same situation on my 232 with 200's.

Bird Blaster

Yes those are fully trimmed 200's.

I have my boat lift being installed this week. The whole boat will be high and dry soon enough!

Capt Bill

GreatGrady Captain
Congratulations! Beautiful; one of my favorites.
Did you get oversize load permits from each state that you travelel through, and did you get them on your own, or hire a company to get them all for you for a one-time total fee?

Were you stopped in any state, to verify O.L permits?

Bird Blaster

Sorry to clarify. I drove from northern Ontario to southern Ontario. (350mi) to get the boat. I paid a trucking company to transport the boat for import.

Capt Bill

GreatGrady Captain
I should have paid closer attention to your o.p. Thanks for the clarification. Enjoy your beautiful Grady.

232Grady

I'm very excited to get it into the water. Sitting in the driveway it looks so BIG for a 23' boat. Hope it feels that way on Lake Superior too (I suspect it will!)
Stop by a scale, you'll be surprised! Start thinking, electric over hydraulic.

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Stop by a scale, you'll be surprised! Start thinking, electric over hydraulic.
This.

With F200 6 cylinders, you'll be at 9K or maybe a bit more with gear & fuel.

Even if you tow short distances, Electric Over Hydraulic brakes and the right capacity is a big deal. The boat certainly is.

Oh, and BB:

It will look much smaller on Gitchie Goomie than in your driveway.