how to remove cockpit seats 86 offshore 24

lime4x4

Reaction score
Yesterday took a road trip to eastern marine to buy the stuff i needed to convert the boat trailer from drum to disk. While was there they had some nice captain chairs on sale also. So i bought 2 chairs and pedestals without realizing that my exsisting ones bolt up from the bottom of the deck. Has anyone replaced the factory pedelstals with ones that have the base on the bottom?
old ones
IMG_20130908_150958_980.jpg

new ones
20140302_113207.jpg

Shutterbug

Reaction score
I can't answer your question having the 87 offshore where the base bolts from the top. However it appears that your new pedestals base will over hang the walk thru side when mounted. Grady-White either found or fabricated the base plate because of how close the pedestal is to the aisle (walk thru). My 2 round base plates have a finished straight edge on them. Sure you'll check it out before mounting.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I noted on my boat that there are deck plates on the inboard edge of the box. I assume you don't have these, otherwise you probably wouldn't be asking the question. Which means somewhere along the lines, some owner of my boat added them to access the bolts. Maybe the post from the new chairs will work the old stuff? If I remember correctly, inside the box, there is a through bolt inserted through the both the leg and the receptacle to keep the post/leg in place. Or, just leave the old post and spider in place and bolt the new chair onto the old spider since that part is pretty much standard throughout the industry.

lime4x4

Reaction score
Well one of the reasons for changing the pedelstals is because the old ones are shot. No longer lock in place and are heavily corroded under the seat