how to replace thru hull fitting on 86 seafarer

hooknot

Reaction score
The thru hull fitting on the starboard side,near the water line,which I think is for the fish box,the outside flange is worn off...It is a 1986 seafarer. How to get to it...?? Any Ideas??

lime4x4

Reaction score
u have pics of the area? On my 84 offshore the only way to gain enough access to some of the thru hull fittings was to cut a hole in the deck then install a deck plate.

Andrew93

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 305
On my 86 Offshore I was able to access them all with the existing deck plates. I had some scrapped up arms and had to try bending them ways I didn't know my arms could bend but I got it done. I remember there were 3 in a close group on the offshore and it was easier to replace them all together. I just bought the PVC Perko ones again with the barbed ends, it looked like that what Grady used and then cut the barbs off some and put a 90 degree fitting on in some of the spots. The brass ones are defiantly a lot better, but the PVC fit the budget and they were all well above the water line and the old ones lasted 26 years.

cgmiller

Reaction score
I replaced all of the thruhulls in my 1990 Gulfstream when I got it...it was not easy, but I got thru it and now I dont have to worry about them breaking and sinking the boat...if the outside flange is damaged on your boat, do not use it until you fix that...the boat will sink...I was able to get to them through the pie plate access plates at the aft side of the fix boxes...